Accessories and Garages6/17/06
[NONE of these cars are for sale].
Garages & accessories are not my collecting focus, so I will not have complete images.
The accessory pack series was short lived after introduction in 1957. It consisted of one wheeled vehicle & the rest non-vehicles. Garages (& other play buildings) were introduced in 1959 & continued through 1981.
Matchbox MG1A1 Garage; A1A Esso Pumps & Sign
Matchbox MG1B1 Garage; A1A Esso Pumps & Sign
2. white building, green base, "BP" decals
A-1-0 BP PETROL PUMPS & SIGN, issued 1963 [no image]
1. white metal pumps & sign with "BP" labels
A-1-C SERVICE RAMP, Issued 1970 [no image]
1. gold ramp with red handle, "Castrol" label
2. blue cab & trailer, orange lettered decals, gray plastic wheels
3. blue cab & trailer, orange lettered decals. black plastic wheels
A-3-B BROOMSTICK, issued 1971 [no image]
1. contains assorted Superfast vehicles with an orange handle with a label & elastic string. Most notable models used are MB20-A Lamborghini Marzal in yellow & MB68-A Porsche 910 in white. Also released under the name Zing-O-Matic in the USA.
A-4-A ROAD SIGNS, issued 1960
(only 7 signs in the photo)
1. 8 metal road signs with different decals on each NOTE: Two sets of six plastic signs on a cardboard display were NOT issued by Lesney These are pirate issues (see fakes)
Variation descriptions Lesney's Matchbox® Toys, Regular Wheel Years, 1947–1969, © 1992, & Encyclopedia of Matchbox® Toys, © 1997, 1999 [2nd Ed.], by Charlie Mack, reprinted with permission
© 1996–2012, Frank C. Carnahan, all rights reserved • contact: • fcarnahan.com