Accessories & Garages7/4/99
(NONE of these cars are for sale).
Garages & accessories are not my collecting focus, so I will not have complete images.
The accessory pack series was short lived after introduction in 1957. It consisted of one wheeled vehicle & the rest non-vehicles. Garages (& other play buildings) were introduced in 1959 & continued through 1981.
Matchbox MG1B1 Garage; A1A Esso Pumps & Sign; 3B3 Bedford Tipper; 19A1 MG Midget Sports Car; 7B2 Ford Angela; 13C1 Thames Wreck Truck
1. Yellow 2 story building, red base, "Esso" decals
A-1-A ESSO PETROL PUMPS & SIGN, issued 1957 [see above]
1. red metal pumps & sign with "Esso" decals
A-1-0 BP PETROL PUMPS & SIGN, issued 1963 [no image]
1. white metal pumps & sign with "BP" labels
A-1-C SERVICE RAMP, Issued 1970 [no image]
1. gold ramp with red handle, "Castrol" label
A-2-A BEDFORD CAR TRANSPORTER. issued 1957
1. blue cab & trailer, black lettered decals, metal wheels
2. blue cab & trailer, orange lettered decals, gray plastic wheels 3. blue cab & trailer, orange lettered decals. black plastic wheels
4. red cab, gray trailer, orange lettered decals, black plastic wheels
A-3-B BROOMSTICK, issued 1971 [no image]
1. contains assorted Superfast vehicles with an orange handle with a label & elastic string. Most notable models used are MB20-A Lamborghini Marzal in yellow & MB68-A Porsche 910 in white. Also released under the name Zing-O-Matic in the USA.
A-4-A ROAD SIGNS, issued 1960
(only 7 signs in the photo)
1 . 8 metal road signs with different decals on each NOTE: Two sets of six plastic signs on a cardboard display were NOT issued by Lesney These are pirate issues (see fakes)
Variation descriptions Lesney's Matchbox® Toys, Regular Wheel Years, 1947–1969, © 1992, & Encyclopedia of Matchbox® Toys, © 1997, 1999 [2nd Ed.], by Charlie Mack, reprinted with permission
© 1996–2017, Frank C. Carnahan, all rights reserved • contact: • fcarnahan.com